Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 goals, part 1

1) Fabric Fast! My spending has been a bit out of control lately so I am participating in this. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I bought a bit of fabric at the end of 2013 in anticipation of this, but I'm planning on shopping my stash for 6 months, except for backing. 

So far, so good. I pulled a baby fabric out of my swap/ trade bag of fabric and actually used it with some stash fabric today and it turned out well.


This is going to go to a friend's little boy.

2) Finish WIPs. I counted today and I have seven quilt tops that need to be sandwiched, quilted and bound, I have two more that are partially pieced, one that has been cut, and two that are on the cutting mat. That's 12 quilts in various stages of progress. If I finish all of those, the Riley Blake challenge quilt and the two baby quilts I know are coming up, I'll have exceeded my 2013 number for finished.

My goal is going to be to quilt the finished tops by June.

I will post pictures of those later--my husband and son are walking in the door!

1 comment:

  1. I would be scared to actually count up all my Works in Progress :) It's a number I don't really need to know... Good luck with your new goals!

    ReplyDelete