So I started cutting the scraps into 5 inch squares and here's where I am:
I think I'm going to take out the navy blocks and replace them with a lighter blue. I'm going to use a light gray for the sashing assuming I have enough left of the Moda Zen gray I used for a recent quilt. If not, I have a pale yellow that will work.
In the process of mining my scraps, I found a piece of a cute cream, teal, yellow, green and blue dinosaur print and decided to cut coordinating charm squares for it:
I took these pictures late at night. I'll use a natural/cream sashing for this one. I have a ton in my stash. I also decided to pull a couple of prints from my swap bag because the colors worked and I'll use those for a pieced backing.
I have made this pattern before--it's easy and fun and is using up scraps!
The hazard of having a boy is that I buy cute boy fabric whenever I see it and so I'm going to have about 5 stashed boy quilts on hand for baby gifts or to give to charity.
The hazard of having a boy is that I buy cute boy fabric whenever I see it and so I'm going to have about 5 stashed boy quilts on hand for baby gifts or to give to charity.


No comments:
Post a Comment