Saturday, February 1, 2014

Feeling a little blue

My quilt guild is doing a show at a local gallery. I submitted three quilts, all of which have absorbed a lot of time and energy, and none was chosen.

I knew two of them weren't likely to get picked because they're not really "artistic," just made with meaning to me. The third I thought might fit the aesthetic of the show, but I'm not willing to sell it--it was made for a friend going through a rough time. So since it's a gallery show and the gallery is making money off the sales, I doubt they'd waste space on something not for sale.

Still, I guess I wanted that external validation from the quilting community. My friends, who aren't quilters, say nice things about my creations, and I value that feedback. But getting kudos from those who understand the time and thought poured into what is really just a bunch of cut-up fabric sewed back together again is something else. 

Oh well, maybe next time.

And in the meantime I'll have virtual quilt shows here on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment