Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Working on a new quilt (blog)

After trying and failing to keep this blog updated for years (seriously, I have posts going back to our living in Alexandria, and that was more than 4 years ago), I am going to use it to chronicle my quilting adventures and maybe throw in some book reviews here and there.

I don't have time to take great photos, sadly, but I use my iphone constantly, so will use those as placeholders for now.

So, what am I working on now?

This:



Blue and orange helix quilt in progress 

This is the helix quilt pattern (can be found here ). I got the pattern from a magazine I bought maybe 1 or 2 years ago. I have had this in my mind for months if not years but wanted to make it my own, with the blue and orange.

I still need to add the side panels in plain white. I did stitch the blocks together already and press it already.

I hope to catch up on some of my old quilts in future posts!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment