Again, I've been sadly absent from writing this blog and have a couple of finishes to share over the next day or two.
First is this quilt that I made for a friend having a baby girl. I loved this because I used almost all the pinks in my stash for the scrappy border and used the solid gray background from my stash. You can't see in this picture, but the bunny is made of different tone-on-tone whites.
I used this as inspiration, but made the blocks 4 inch blocks. It finished at just about 50x50.
I forgot to piece in blocks for the tail, so I appliqued on fuzzy fabric with some satin ribbon around the edge to make it taggy and fun for baby.
As far as timing, I delivered it to my friend's house about 10 hours before she left for the hospital to deliver the baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment